- Keep security software up to date. Install the Windows update for your PC.
- Beware of unknown emails, especially if there are attachments or links.
- Do not enable macros until after you check for viruses.
- Back up your data. Cloud-based services are great, but not alway invulnerable. With backup drives getting less costly every day, this can be the single most effect way of combating ransomware infection.
- Apple is not invulnerable This can be a common misconception. Ransomware attackers are getting more savvy, and Apple is becoming 'the next target'. The same goes for cloud services, though no fault of their own...but you ARE sending data across a 'world-wide-web' which may have security breaches along the way.
|(Click image for link to Microsoft)|
And, be sure to check out the latest FREE episode: